|5210 Please re-upgrade message|
If an Acorn 5210 camera is upgraded with the wrong firmware you will get the screen message shown on the left, asking you to re-upgrade.
I've now discovered that there is a firmware update (v3.09A and v3.09M) for the 5210A and the 5210MG which cures the "Please re-upgrade" problem and also appears to enable the 5210 cameras to work with a 32GB SD card.
I need to verify this.
I have copies of this firmware but I'm not making it available to download because some users seem compelled to use the latest firmware for any or no reason at all, which can cause problems.
If you think you have a need for this firmware version please contact me and you must provide the camera model, serial number and existing firmware version. Once I've established if you really need it I will send you a copy.
It is important to note that the latest firmware does not provide additional menu functions but is released to cure problems and if you don't have the problem you won't gain anything and may possibly run into compatibility issue; so you use the firmware at your own risk.
Post Update 15.07.13:
Trying to use a 32GB card will also cause this message although the camera may appear OK when the card is first inserted.
Loading the right firmware for the camera model or inserting an SD card size no larger than 16GB will correct this and the camera will then work normally.
Recently a number of users have contacted me
Users are also saying that when they attempt to load the correct firmware the screen is still showing the same message.
I have made Acorn aware of the issue and so far they are insisting that it's caused by users attempting to load the wrong firmware. See post update 04.10.13 above.
Do not use a 32GB SDHC card in the 5210.
6) If none of the above cures the problem check for SDHC card compatibility by trying a Sandisk 4GB SDHC card.
If you have the same problem try the following:
1) Remove the camera backpack.
2) Remove the batteries and SD card and leave the camera without power for at least 24 hours.
3) Download the correct copy of V3.06 (V3.06A for the 5210A and V3.06M for the 5210M) firmware from my download page and save file FW5210A.bin onto the root of the SD card.
4) After 24 hours reload the camera batteries but do not switch to ON
5) Insert the SD card then hold down the OK button while you switch the camera to TEST. Keep the OK button pressed until you see a screen message confirming the update.